St. Anne's high school
General Napoleon Bonaparte famously said “Success belongs to the most dedicated”. That is exactly what we strive for here at St. Anne’s High. Combining this statement with our school motto, “Knowledge is Power”; we strive to develop and improve the unique abilities of each and every student to enable them to adequately become successful citizens not only to Nigeria but globally. St. Anne’s High opened its doors in 2006 with 15 students and today the school boasts of a population of over 260 students . This achievement is only possible because of the efforts of a highly motivated Staff. They have realized the importance of raising the academic excellence and performance of the students. To be the best and to stay the best, takes hard and dedicated work. Tasks are carefully planned and a pro-active management team understands and implements:
- A quality of life-long learning
- Values and discipline
- Creative and innovative strategies
- Academic excellence
- Full development of human capital
- Ensuring that every student is developed holistically.
St. Anne’s High School is located at No. 16 Akin Close, State Housing Estate, Calabar. The School is easily accessible from the Marian Road, by Value Mart Supermarket, and from the Murtala Mohammed Highway by Bishop Moynagh Street through Effanga Mkpa Street. The environment is serene, beautiful and condusive for teaching and learning. It is a safe haven with pro-active surveillance in and around the premises, 24hrs a day and seven days a week.
We have two arms of every class: Gold and Rose, and a class size of 23 students per class with two class teachers in attendance.
The school observes Mid-Term breaks, Government recognized public holidays and terminal holidays.
There are four houses in the school namely:
Upon resumption each student is assigned to a house.
- Wholesome and qualitative education
- The French Language
- Counselling Services
- Balanced nutritious lunch daily
- Excursions within and outside the state
- ICT enhanced teaching/learning methods
- Range of co-curricular activities include: Music,drama,debate, dance, cookery, JETS club.
- A wide range of sporting opportunities: Athletics, soccer, vollyball, table tennis, badminton, shot put, javelin etc.
- Modern spacious classrooms, as well as staff rooms
- Well equipped modern laboratories
- Well equipped computer room
- Wireless internet access throughout the school
- Well stocked library
- Treated water from State Water Board and a standard bore-hole within the school premises.
- Power supply – PHCN and stand – by generator